– Kigali city tour to Gisozi Genocide memorial site
– Gorilla Trekking
– Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking
– Game Dive
– Launch Cruise Along the Kazinga
5 Days Uganda Rwanda safari package is selected for this clients interested primarily in chimpanzee tracking or chimpanzee habituation and mountain gorillas. Chimpanzees in nyungwe forest periodically migrate, and hence Kibale forest in Uganda is offered as a reliable alternative for chimpanzee watching / habituation and mountain gorillas trekking crossing to Rwanda’s volcanoes national park.
Day 1: Transfer form Kigali to Kibale Forest national park
This is a long drive of about 6-7 hours and hence requires that you set off early so you reach Kibale early enough to have enough rest for chimpanzee tracking the next day. Your guide will pick you at your hotel after a cup of coffee for an easy drive crossing into Uganda and driving to Kibale forest with enroute lunch.
Dinner and overnight stay at Kyaninga Lodge (up-market)/ Primates lodge luxury tents (luxury) Primates Lodge Deluxe (Midrange), Chimpanzee Guest House(budget)
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking & Queen Elizabeth national park
With a quick cup of coffee, set off for the Kibale headquarters for briefing from the head park guide about what to expect and how to conduct for the chimps tracking adventure. Trekking for chimpanzees normally takes 3-5 hours after which return to your hotel for luch and a rest. In the evening transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park. It takes 2 hours to get to Queen Elizabeth national park. Overnight stay at Mweya Safari
Lodge (luxury option); Ihamba Lodge / Park view lodge (mid-range), Simba safari camp for budget
Day 3: Game drive and boat cruise
Today you will set off early with backed breakfast from your lodge for an early morning gas drive to catch the early riser wildlife including predators and other nocturnal mammals before they retreat to their hideouts. Expect mammals including hippos, buffaloes, hartebeests, leopard, lions, etc and a plethora of both endemic and migratory birds. Return to the lodge for an early lunch. At 2.00 pm transfer to the Kazinga Channel for a boat cruise. The Channel is a magnet to all wildlife in this park. It boasts of a big number of birds than any single destination in Africa. Dinner and overnight stay at Mweya Safari Lodge (luxury option); Ihamba Lodge / Park view lodge (mid-range), Simba safari camp for budget
Day 4: Transfer to Volcanoes national park
Wake up to a beautiful breakfast and be ready to hit the road, driving you via the Ishasha sector to view tree climbing lions, With en route luch, crossing into Rwanda and driving to Volcanoes national park. Early rat today so you have enough energy for gorilla trekking the next day .
Dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury), Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range), The Garden Place Hotel (Basic).
Day 5: Trek to Gorillas and Departure.
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Kinigi headquarters in Musanze. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
A gorilla safari in Rwanda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
The gorilla trek is challenging and finally seeing mountain gorillas in beyond what you have imagine. The one hour spend with the gorillas in the wild is a lifetime experience
The family of gorilla is breath taking to watch and you could spend hours just watching the little ones roll around and play. Mountain Gorillas are always playful and quite curious often coming close.
While with the gorillas, its important to listen to your guide instructions and stay calm, never make sudden movements.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and later head back to Kigali for departure or drop off at your hotel
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gears you need:
good hiking boots, gators, gloves – thick cotton, leather, goretex, raincoat – preferably thin, light snacks and water 1-2 liters. Importantly hire a porters – they are available at the starting points.Keep in mind that these porters were ex poachers given an chance to earn a living by carrying bags for visitors going for gorilla trekking. They are very helpful, polite and friendly.
For optimal trekking adventure
Have a decent fitness to enjoy the trek
Wear proper footwear ready to hike through difficult terrain – good shoes make it easier for you
Have a plan for rain
Carry sufficient water and light snack
Great to tip the guides, rangers – they work hard to ensure you have an optimal gorilla adventure. They need some encouragement! recommendation tip is $10usd preferably in local currency per porter, guide, ranger.
Safari Quote Includes
– Full time private safari vehicle (according to your itinerary)
– A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location with in Kigali
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kigali / Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
– Kigali city Tour
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
Kibale national park Accommodation
2 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
– Primates lodge (Luxury)
– Primates Lodge Deluxe (Midrange)
– Chimpanzee Guest house (Budget).
Queen Elizabeth national park Accommodation
2 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
– Mweya Safari Lodge (luxury option);
– Ihamba Lodge / Park view lodge (mid-range),
– Simba safari camp for budget
Volcanoes National Park
– Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury)
– Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range),
– The Garden Place Hotel (Basic)
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner
– Minimal Age for gorilla trekking and chimpanzee is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Traveller ensure you have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi*
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)