6 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari
6 Days Primates Rwanda safari with Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe montane forest, with canopy walk later, transferring to Volcanoes national park Rwanda for mountain gorilla trekking. Gorilla watching safari in Rwanda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
– Kigali city tour to Gisozi Genocide memorial site
– Gorilla Trekking
– Chimpanzee Tracking
– Canopy Walk
– Lake Kivu tour
Day 1: Pick up – Transfer to Nyungwe forest
Your guide will be at your hotel early morning for pick up to start your tour, or pick up from the airport. The drive you takes you driving southwest of the country to Nyungwe forest approximates 5 hours drive. Dinner and Overnight stay at Nyungwe Forst Lodge ( Luxury), Nyungwe Top View Hotel (Mid-range), Gisakura Guest House (Basic).
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking – Canopy walk
Have an early breakfast at your hotel and head out for briefing at the Nyungwe forest headquarters for briefing about tracking chimps overview. Your guide for this adventure know the best spots to find the chimpanzees. after the hike return for lunch at your hotel and rest. In the afternoon, you go for a forest canopy walk Dinner and overnight at your hotel of Day 1.
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Kivu – Afternoon Boat ride
Wake up to your breakfast at your hotel later set off for lake Kivu, the largest fresh water lake in Rwanda. On arrival , have lunch and an afternoon boat trip along lake Kivu turing the different islands.
Relax by the lake shores for the rest of the evening.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Kivu Serena hotel (Luxury)/ Paradise marahide (Deluxe)/ Palm Resort Gardens (Budget)
Day 4: Transfer to Volcanoes national park
Wake up today at leisure, with a tour of lake kivu and neighboring fishing villages, set off for Volcanoes national park in Musanze.
Day 5: Trek to Gorillas – Ibyiwacu cultural village tour.
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Kinigi headquarters in Musanze. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
A gorilla safari in Rwanda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
The gorilla trek is challenging and finally seeing mountain gorillas in beyond what you have imagine. The one hour spend with the gorillas in the wild is a lifetime experience
The family of gorilla is breath taking to watch and you could spend hours just watching the little ones roll around and play. Mountain Gorillas are always playful and quite curious often coming close.
While with the gorillas, its important to listen to your guide instructions and stay calm, never make sudden movements.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and in the evening head out for a visit to the Ibyiwacu cultural village situated in Musanze with in the vicinity of volcanoes national park.
Day 6: Transfer to back Kigali
Today you will have breakfast at leisure and prepare for the trip back to Kigali and thereafter to the airport for your flight back home. If you missed the city tour on day 1, you will have it on this day before departure.
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gears you need:
good hiking boots, gators, gloves – thick cotton, leather, goretex, raincoat – preferably thin, light snacks and water 1-2 liters. Importantly hire a porters – they are available at the starting points.Keep in mind that these porters were ex poachers given an chance to earn a living by carrying bags for visitors going for gorilla trekking. They are very helpful, polite and friendly.
For optimal trekking adventure
Have a decent fitness to enjoy the trek
Wear proper footwear ready to hike through difficult terrain – good shoes make it easier for you
Have a plan for rain
Carry sufficient water and light snack
Great to tip the guides, rangers – they work hard to ensure you have an optimal gorilla adventure. They need some encouragement! recommendation tip is $10usd preferably in local currency per porter, guide, ranger.
Safari Quote Includes
– Full time private safari vehicle (according to your itinerary)
– A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location with in Kigali
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kigali / Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
– Kigali city Tour
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
2 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Nyungwe Forst Lodge ( Luxury), Nyungwe Top View Hotel (Mid-range), Gisakura Guest House (Basic).
Lake Kivu Serena hotel (Luxury)
Paradise marahide (Deluxe)
Palm Resort Gardens (Budget)
Volcanoes National Park
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury)
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range),
The Garden Place Hotel (Basic)
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner
– Minimal Age for gorilla trekking and chimpanzee is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Traveller ensure you have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi*
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)