4 Days Uganda Safari
4 Days trekking with gorillas in Bwindi national park and Batwa pygmies as well as wildlife viewing along the Kazinga channel with large concentrations of wildlife.
A gorilla safari in Uganda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
– Bwindi Gorilla Trekking
– Batwa Pygmies cultural village
– Wildlife viewing along the Kazinga channel
– Chimps tracking in Kalinzu forest
Day 1: Pick up Transfer to Bwindi National park
Pick up from your hotel after breakfast early morning driving 8-9 hours south of Uganda to Bwindi national park. Dinner and overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury), Bakiga Lodge (Midrange) and Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Day 2: Trekking with Uganda Gorillas – Batwa Pygmies visit
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Bwindi park head offices. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
Gorilla safari in Bwindi forest offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
The gorilla trek is challenging and finally seeing mountain gorillas in beyond what you have imagine. The one hour spend with the gorillas in the wild is a lifetime experience
The family of gorilla is breath taking to watch and you could spend hours just watching the little ones roll around and play. Mountain Gorillas are always playful and quite curious often coming close.
While with the gorillas, its important to listen to your guide instructions and stay calm, never make sudden movements.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and in the evening head out for a visit to the Batwa pygmies community – these were the original inhabitants of the Bwindi impenetrable forest before they were chased out to gazette the forest for mountain gorilla conservation. Dinner and overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury), Bakiga Lodge (Midrange) and Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Day 3: Transfer back to Queen Elizabeth national park
Today, you will set off early after an early breakfast heading to queen Elizabeth national park. On arrival, have lunch and later evening enjoy a boat ride along the Kazinga channel where you view large concentrations of wildlife like Hippopotamuses, Waterbucks, Crocodiles and so much more.
Dinner and overnight stay at Mweya Safari Lodge (luxury option); Ihamba Lodge / Park view lodge (mid-range), Simba safari camp for budget
Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu – Transfer back to Kampala
Wake up to a hot cup of coffee and head out for chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu forest. After chimps tracking, drive back to Kampala for departure and drop off at your hotel.
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gears you need:
good hiking boots, gators, gloves – thick cotton, leather, goretex, raincoat – preferably thin, light snacks and water 1-2 liters. Importantly hire a porters – they are available at the starting points.Keep in mind that these porters were ex poachers given an chance to earn a living by carrying bags for visitors going for gorilla trekking. They are very helpful, polite and friendly.
For optimal trekking adventure
Have a decent fitness to enjoy the trek
Wear proper footwear ready to hike through difficult terrain – good shoes make it easier for you
Have a plan for rain
Carry sufficient water and light snack
Great to tip the guides, rangers – they work hard to ensure you have an optimal gorilla adventure. They need some encouragement! recommendation tip is $10usd preferably in local currency per porter, guide, ranger.
Safari Quote Includes
– Full time private safari vehicle (according to your itinerary)
– A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location with in Kigali
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kigali / Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
– Kigali city Tour
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
Queen Elizabeth national park Accommodation
1 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Mweya Safari Lodge (luxury option);
Ihamba Lodge / Park view lodge (mid-range),
Simba safari camp for budget
2 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Bwindi forest Accommodation
– Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury),
– Bakiga Lodge (Midrange)
– Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner
– Minimal Age for gorilla trekking and chimpanzee is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Traveller ensure you have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi*
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)