– Bigodi swamp visit
– Bwindi Gorilla trekking
– Batwa Pygmies cultural village
We have selected this 5 Days Uganda ape and primates safari holiday for clients primarily looking to spot Uganda’s major apes and primates. The package involves chimpanzee tracking (including experiencing chimpanzee habituation processes). Visitors will also go for and mountain gorilla tracking and have a chance to see many of Uganda’s primates (Monkey, Mangabeys).
Main Activities :
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale National Park
A guide/driver from Mission Africa Safaris will pick you from your hotel after breakfast and head for Kibale national park which is about 3-4 hours drive. You will stop at Fort Portal Town for lunch and then go for a tour of the town. Fort Portal is an extremely beautiful town and one of the best places to live in Uganda for its great weather and green landscape. Dinner and overnight stay at Kyaninga Lodge (Luxury), Primates lodge luxury tents (luxury) Primates Lodge Deluxe (Midrange), Chimpanzee Guest House (budget).
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp walk
After waking up, take a quick cup of coffee and then set off to the Kibale park headquarters for briefing. The park warden/guide will share with you important information about chimpanzee trekking and how to conduct yourself during the activity. Chimpanzee tracking usually takes 3-5 hours after which you will return to your hotel for lunch and rest. In the evening, you will head out for a nature walk along Bigodi swamp were you will spot different bird species and primates. Dinner and overnight at Primates lodge (Luxury and Midrange) and Chimpanzee Guest house (Budget).
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi national park
You will wake up to a beautiful breakfast and ready to hit the road. You will be driven via the Ishasha sector which is famous for tree climbing lions before heading for Bwindi impenetrable forest park. Lunch will be en-route and arrival at Bwindi impenetrable forest is late evening. You should be tired by now and in need of rest so as to be ready for gorilla trekking the next day. Dinner and overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury), Bakiga Lodge (Midrange) and Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking – Batwa Pygmies visit
You will wake up early to take your breakfast, then head out for the Bwindi impenetrable forest park offices. Briefing takes place at 7:00 am. During the briefing, you will be given important information related to gorilla trekking – How to act around mountain gorillas and what to carry along. You should select a gorilla family based on your overall fitness because some of them are located deep into the forest requiring extra hours of tracking. If you have extra luggage and equipment, hire a porter to help out after the briefing.
Mountain gorilla tracking involves passing through thick forests, steep and sometimes muddy terrain. Once you spot the gorilla family, take as many photos as possible. Listen to what the wardens tell you. You will have one hour with the gorilla family that you will always remember for watching mountain gorillas in the wild is the ultimate wildlife experience.
After the one hour has elapsed, you will go back to the starting point where our guide will be waiting for you to take you to the lodge for lunch and rest. Later in the evening, you will go visit the Batwa Pygmy community. The Batwa pygmies initially lived within the Bwindi Impenetrable forest before they were relocated to their current home. The relocation was necessary because they always conflicted with the mountain gorillas hence impeding gorilla conservation efforts. Dinner and overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury), Bakiga Lodge (Midrange) and Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala for departure
On this last day, wake up to take breakfast and then set off early for Kampala in time for your departure flight or be dropped off at your hotel.
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gear:
You will need suitable hiking boots, thick cotton gloves, a light raincoat, light snacks and drinking water. Try to hire a porter at the starting points. Most of these porters were ex-poachers and have been given chance to earn a living through helping visitors.
For optimal trekking adventure
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner (But can be arranged)
– The minimum age for gorilla and chimpanzee trekking is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Visitors should ensure that they have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda.
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)
Safari Quote Includes
– A full time English speaking driver/Guide
– A safari vehicle
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location within Uganda
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
1 Day Short Gorilla Tour
2 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trek
2 Days Jinja Rafting
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking
3 Days Wildlife Tour
3 Days Tour Murchison Falls
4 Days Kidepo Wildlife Tour
4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour
5 Days Uganda Safari
5 Days Primates Safari
7 Days Uganda Safari
8 Days Primates Safari
9 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari
10 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
13 Days Private Safari Uganda
15 Days Grand Uganda Safari