– Kigali city tour to Gisozi Genocide memorial site
– Gorilla Trekking
– Ibyiwacu cultural village
– Visit Lake Kivu – Boat Ride
4 Days gorilla safari offering 2 gorilla treks in Uganda and Rwanda. Uganda’s Bwindi national park and Volcanoes national park are the best locations for gorilla trekking in East Africa. Today a gorilla tracking permit in Uganda costs $600 while a gorilla permit in Rwanda costs $1500. The 4 days gorilla tour package is specially organised for visitors looking for gorilla trekking in the two different national parks to explore the difference in the gorillas, terrain and vegetation.
Day 1: Pick up Transfer to Bwindi National park
Pick up from your hotel or from airport on arrival and cross into Uganda driving to Bwindi national park. Dinner and overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury), Bakiga Lodge (Midrange) and Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Day 2: Trekking with Uganda Gorillas – Batwa Pygmies visit
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Bwindi park head offices. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
Gorilla safari in Bwindi forest offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
The gorilla trek is challenging and finally seeing mountain gorillas in beyond what you have imagine. The one hour spend with the gorillas in the wild is a lifetime experience
The family of gorilla is breath taking to watch and you could spend hours just watching the little ones roll around and play. Mountain Gorillas are always playful and quite curious often coming close.
While with the gorillas, its important to listen to your guide instructions and stay calm, never make sudden movements.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and in the evening head out for a visit to the Batwa pygmies community – these were the original inhabitants of the Bwindi impenetrable forest before they were chased out to gazette the forest for mountain gorilla conservation. Dinner and overnight at Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury), Bakiga Lodge (Midrange) and Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes national park
Wake up to a beautiful breakfast and be ready to hit the road, crossing into Rwanda and with en route luch, and driving to volcanoes national park Rwanda and have early rest and be ready for gorilla trekking the next day.
Dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury), Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range), The Garden Place Hotel (Basic).
Day 4: Visit Rwanda Gorillas – Departure
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Kinigi headquarters in Musanze. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and later head back to Kigali for departure or drop off at your hotel
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gears you need:
good hiking boots, gators, gloves – thick cotton, leather, goretex, raincoat – preferably thin, light snacks and water 1-2 liters. Importantly hire a porters – they are available at the starting points.Keep in mind that these porters were ex poachers given an chance to earn a living by carrying bags for visitors going for gorilla trekking. They are very helpful, polite and friendly.
For optimal trekking adventure
Have a decent fitness to enjoy the trek
Wear proper footwear ready to hike through difficult terrain – good shoes make it easier for you
Have a plan for rain
Carry sufficient water and light snack
Great to tip the guides, rangers – they work hard to ensure you have an optimal gorilla adventure. They need some encouragement! recommendation tip is $10usd preferably in local currency per porter, guide, ranger.
Safari Quote Includes
– Full time private safari vehicle (according to your itinerary)
– A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location with in Kigali
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kigali / Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
– Kigali city Tour
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
2 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury),
Bakiga Lodge (Midrange)
Tarvan Trekkers Bwindi (Budget)
1 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury)
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range),
The Garden Place Hotel (Basic)
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner
– Minimal Age for gorilla trekking and chimpanzee is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Traveller ensure you have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi*
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)