– Kigali city tour to Gisozi Genocide memorial site
– Gorilla Trekking
– 2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike
4 Days Rwanda hiking safari with silverback gorilla tracking in Rwanda’s Volcanoes national park and Mount Karisimbi Hike. One of Rwanda’s adrenaline safaris which requires you to be physically fit as you you be facing some good hiking adventure in Rwanda.
Day 1: City tour – Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Your guide will be at your hotel early morning for pick up to start your tour, or pick up from the airport. Start your tour with a Kigali city tour first to the renown Kigali genocide memorial place where you will learn a lot about the 1994 rwandan genocide. You will visit the rest of Kigali – local markets, kings palace and with a lunch hit the road for 2 hours to Volcanoes national park with beautiful mountainous country side which makes Rwanda the “Land of a thousand hills”.
dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury), Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range), The Garden Place Hotel (Basic).
Day 2 and 3: Transfer to Kinigi – start 2 day mount Karisimbi hike
Your guide will pick you from your hotel after early morning to set for Kinigi offices by 7:30 am in time for briefing to start your hike .
The Karisimbi volcano hike is a 6 hour hike and strenuous starting off at 8:00 am with a drive form the Kinigi park offices to the Karisimbi head trail. Its advisable to get your self a porter to carry your backpack and a hiking stick. The hike starts from Bisoke side before reaching the first stopping place at an altitude of 3,700 metres for overnight camping. Next day hike up to the top.
Descend back to the starting point where you will meet your guide who will drive you to your hotel for dinner and overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury), Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range), The Garden Place Hotel (Basic).
Day 4: Trek to Gorillas – Ibyiwacu cultural village tour
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Kinigi headquarters in Musanze. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
A gorilla safari in Rwanda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
The gorilla trek is challenging and finally seeing mountain gorillas in beyond what you have imagine. The one hour spend with the gorillas in the wild is a lifetime experience
The family of gorilla is breath taking to watch and you could spend hours just watching the little ones roll around and play. Mountain Gorillas are always playful and quite curious often coming close.
While with the gorillas, its important to listen to your guide instructions and stay calm, never make sudden movements.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and in the evening head out for a visit to the Ibyiwacu cultural village situated in Musanze with in the vicinity of volcanoes national park.
Day 5: Transfer to back Kigali
Today you will have breakfast at leisure and prepare for the trip back to Kigali and thereafter to the airport for your flight back home. If you missed the city tour on day 1, you will have it on this day before departure.
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gears you need:
good hiking boots, gators, gloves – thick cotton, leather, goretex, raincoat – preferably thin, light snacks and water 1-2 liters. Importantly hire a porters – they are available at the starting points.Keep in mind that these porters were ex poachers given an chance to earn a living by carrying bags for visitors going for gorilla trekking. They are very helpful, polite and friendly.
For optimal trekking adventure
Have a decent fitness to enjoy the trek
Wear proper footwear ready to hike through difficult terrain – good shoes make it easier for you
Have a plan for rain
Carry sufficient water and light snack
Great to tip the guides, rangers – they work hard to ensure you have an optimal gorilla adventure. They need some encouragement! recommendation tip is $10usd preferably in local currency per porter, guide, ranger.
Safari Quote Includes
– Full time private safari vehicle (according to your itinerary)
– A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location with in Kigali
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kigali / Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
– Kigali city Tour
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
1 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury)
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range),
The Garden Place Hotel (Basic)
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner
– Minimal Age for gorilla trekking and chimpanzee is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Traveller ensure you have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi*
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)