– Kigali city tour to Gisozi Genocide memorial site
– Gorilla Trekking
– Mount Bisoke Hike
4 Days gorillas watching safari in Rwanda’s Volcanoes national park crossing into Goma Congo for mountain Nyiragongo hiking. A gorilla safari in Rwanda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
Day 1: City tour – Transfer to Gisenyi lake Kivu
Your guide will be at your hotel early morning for pick up to start your tour, or pick up from the airport. Start your tour with a Kigali city tour first to the renown Kigali genocide memorial place where you will learn a lot about the 1994 rwandan genocide. You will visit the rest of Kigali – local markets, kings palace and with a lunch hit the road for 3 hours to Lake Kivu. Relax by the lake shores for the rest of the evening.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Kivu Serena hotel (Luxury)/ Paradise marahide (Deluxe)/ Palm Resort Gardens (Budget)
Day 2: Transfer to Goma Congo – Mount Nyiragongo Hiking
Today, you will set off early after breakfast at your hotel and hit the road for Goma border into Congo. Drive off to Kibatsi village where you will start the Nyiragongo volcano hike. Hiking will take 4-6 hours before reaching the top. Dinner and overnight at the top shelter cabins as you enjoy the night view of lava.
Day 3: Descend the Volcano and transfer to Volcanoes national Park.
Descend the volcano in the morning and drive back to Goma arriving by midday. You will then cross over back to Rwanda and drive back to Kigali reaching early by 3pm and transfer to Volcanoes national park.
Day 4: Trek to Gorillas and Departure.
Briefing for gorilla trekking takes place at 7:00 am by a head park guide at the Kinigi headquarters in Musanze. All trekkers must be at the park by this time and must attend the briefing which is an overview of what to expect during the trek.
A gorilla safari in Rwanda offers you several groups/ families to choose from and it’s important to select one based on fitness.
The gorilla trek is challenging and finally seeing mountain gorillas in beyond what you have imagine. The one hour spend with the gorillas in the wild is a lifetime experience
The family of gorilla is breath taking to watch and you could spend hours just watching the little ones roll around and play. Mountain Gorillas are always playful and quite curious often coming close.
While with the gorillas, its important to listen to your guide instructions and stay calm, never make sudden movements.
After your one hour with the gorillas, return back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to drive back to your hotel for lunch and later head back to Kigali for departure or drop off at your hotel
End of Tour
Minimum trekking gears you need:
good hiking boots, gators, gloves – thick cotton, leather, goretex, raincoat – preferably thin, light snacks and water 1-2 liters. Importantly hire a porters – they are available at the starting points.Keep in mind that these porters were ex poachers given an chance to earn a living by carrying bags for visitors going for gorilla trekking. They are very helpful, polite and friendly.
For optimal trekking adventure
Have a decent fitness to enjoy the trek
Wear proper footwear ready to hike through difficult terrain – good shoes make it easier for you
Have a plan for rain
Carry sufficient water and light snack
Great to tip the guides, rangers – they work hard to ensure you have an optimal gorilla adventure. They need some encouragement! recommendation tip is $10usd preferably in local currency per porter, guide, ranger.
Safari Quote Includes
– Full time private safari vehicle (according to your itinerary)
– A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
– Fuel for your safari
– Gorilla Permits
– Bottled drinking water per day
– All Activities in Itinerary
– Pickup and drop-off at your desired location with in Kigali
– 24 / 7 hours devoted tours manager in Kigali / Kampala
– Cultural / community visit
– Kigali city Tour
International & local flights, visas, personal costs like tipping, beverages, wines, Personal Insurance
1 night – Full Board Accommodation with Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / The 5 Volcanes Lodge ( Luxury)
Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge / Da Vinci Lodge (Mid-range),
The Garden Place Hotel (Basic)
Accommodation Differences & characteristics
Types of Accommodation
– All Luxurious lodges/hotels/camps comprise of beautiful views, private balconies, swimming pool, beautiful views as well private facilities including en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
– Mid range / Deluxe Hotels / lodges comprise of beautiful and very comfortable accommodation with beautiful views, clean, with private bathrooms and toilets.
– Budget / basic offers descent accommodation, with limited facilities. Some of the facilities have private bathrooms and toilets, but this is not guaranteed as many budget accommodations have shared facilities.
– Itinerary does not include arrival Accommodation / Dinner
– Minimal Age for gorilla trekking and chimpanzee is 15 years
– No discount on children Except if sharing room with their parents
– Traveller ensure you have checked the visa and inoculation requirements. (Please ensure you check all transit points visa information).
– It is a requirement to have a yellow fever immunization card to enter Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi*
– Online Visa Application is necessary before travel. (This depends on the nationality in respect with the country being visited. Verify the information accordingly)